Friday, June 3, 2016

Medici's Daughter is The Cat's Meow



Happy Friday! Usually, I'd be asking if you're as excited as I am that the week is over, but I can't even say that because it's been *such* a great week. It started with a review I'd been looking forwards to, that of Sophie Perinot's Medici's Daughter, then continued with a lovely Author Q&A with Sophie herself. Wednesday was really the best day of the week. For one thing, it was June 1, which made me happy by itself just for the sheer fact of meaning that May 2016 was finally over (terrible, horrible, no good, very bad month of nightmarish awfulness. I blame Mercury). And I am taking it as a good omen that June 1 was also the night of the long-awaited online party celebrating the 6-month anniversary of the release of Medici's Daughter.


Because I live in Europe, I had to stay up really late (ok, pretty much all night) for the party, but it was sooooooo worth it. Sophie Perinot really knows how to throw a party. If she ever wants to take on a project to go along with writing, she could easily be an event planner. There was cool trivia relevant to Medici's Daughter, champagne, awesome conversations, giveaways and party favors, just generally a blast. I knew it was going to be a realy treat when it started off early with some of us talking tv shows like Reign, The Tudors, Borgia, The Borgias (I promise I'll give The Borgias another try, Kate!), and Outlander. And how cool is it to get to talk and interact with not 1 but 9 awesome historical fiction authors and a bunch of fans?!? The party was 3 hours but it did NOT feel like it. In fact, I'm not convinced it was 3 hours. I suspect someone manipulated our clocks. And I'm happy to announce that I won a really really REALLY cool giveaway. I can't wait to spam... I mean, conservatively post photos of the prize when it arrives. LOL And even though the giveaways are closed/winners selected and the party is technically over, you can still go to the link and check out the party. There were some really cool topics, questions, and answers, and your To Be Read list might grow a teensy bit. ;)


All in all, it's been a great week. Tomorrow is my birthday and I plan to spend as much of it as possible reading (shocker, right?). But for now, I'd like to close out with the promised special post. Originally I had planned to take my Kindle out to a nearby 12th century monastery and do a vlog with the book and talk about the party or something and generally try to make it look all medieval and stuff, but the weather didn't really cooperate. Instead, I'd like to introduce you all to the newest addition to the Drink Read Love blog staff: Mojito. He's not new to my family, just to the blog, but he's very excited to give you his opinions of books. And what better to start with than Medici's Daughter?




So, what did Mojito have to say about Medici's Daughter?

"You all need to read Meowdici's Daughter. Fantastic book. Go buy it and read it right meow. And then review it on Ameowzon. Authors meow getting reviews on Ameowzon. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it 8 meows. It would get meowre but there was a disturbing lack of cats and mice-eating. And we all meow that the world is supposed to revolve around cats. Unfortunate meowversight that I'm sure the author will fix in her next meow-riffic book. MEOW!"

-Mojito


So there you have it. Medici's Daughter is The Cat's Meow. Have a great weekend!

Did you go to the party? What was your favorite part, favorite convo, etc.? Did you add any new books/authors to your TBR list?